Legally required digitalization measures and patients’ changing usage behavior, such as the desire for more information, better service and greater independence, present hospitals with new challenges. This comes against the backdrop of fewer staff needing to care for an increasing number of patients, with less time to do so due to a growing number of tasks. This is why hospitals need more efficient processes that relieve the burden on staff, make better use of resources and ensure greater investment security in the face of shrinking financial resources.
An open digital platform supports the patient’s digital patient journey and integrates existing systems and information from the hospital in order to:
• Provide the patient with guidance and comfort.
• Simplify processes in the hospital and make better use of resources.
An open platform should be used across any systems and hardware before, during and after the hospital stay available as a Software-as-a-Service or Solution-as-a-Service.
BEWATEC.CONNECTEDCARE - OPEN PLATFORM AND USER APP IN ONE
Bewatec.ConnectedCare is a patient-centered platform that connects hospitals and patients across all systems and devices, enabling a digital patient journey before, during and after their stay at the hospital. As an industry solution, ConnectedCare was developed by a team of experts to meet the requirements that hospitals place on smart digital solutions.
Via a user app, the patient gains access to entertainment and comfort elements and, depending on the philosophy of the hospital, can integrated into the clinical information flow to a varying degree – thus relieving and supporting the hospital staff.
With ConnectedCare, hospitals receive an open platform on which existing or future applications and services can be integrated, depending on the degree of maturity of the digitization, thus offering the following advantages:
• Simplification of procedures during the treatment pathway.
• Improving the use of resources when staffing levels are scarce.
• Open and future-proof, thanks to the integration of numerous systems and hardware, but also functions and services of today and tomorrow.
• Platform for the digital transformation of patient-centered processes.
• Takes investment hurdles through a case-by-case settlement model without initial investment.
ConnectedCare offers the following advantages to the patient:
• Optimal support before, during and after the hospital stay - better orientation and guidance, more interaction and personal document management.
• Availability of personal and medical data.
• Simple operation thanks to an operating concept that is familiar and learned from other areas.
• Highest convenience due to numerous functionalities that can be used anytime and anywhere.
BEWATEC.CONNECTEDCARE - OPEN, FLEXIBLE AND SECURE
With ConnectedCare, BEWATEC offers hospitals a continuously growing complete solution consisting of hardware, software and service, with which the hospitals can flexibly position themselves for the advancing digitalization. ConnectedCare is a future-proof investment in the digital transformation of hospital processes:
• Open platform: Hardware- and software-independent – Android, iOS, WebApp
• Security (end-to-end encryption): Secure data exchange with the hospital information system and digital health records, supported by the HL7 and FHIR interfaces.
• Interoperability: Thanks to REST APIs, HTML5, HL7, FHIR, PubSub and iHE, ConnectedCare allows third-party providers to integrate their patient-oriented services in the app.
• Solution- / Software-as-a-Service: BEWATEC offers ConnectedCare as a Solution- / Software-as-a-Service and thus takes investment hurdles as well as technological locked-in risk over the entire term. BEWATEC guarantees an always up-to-date overall solution.
• Data protection: Patient data security is ensured by providing ConnectedCare on-premise components for interaction with the Hospital Information System (HIS). Access to data from the HIS is only possible in the secure network. No data is uploaded to the cloud. Data already entered by the patient at home is highly encrypted until it is actively transferred to the HIS and stored exclusively on the patient's own device. The transaction can only be started within the hospital WLAN and with the consent of the patient.
• System and hardware independent: ConnectedCare adapts to the technical possibilities and future needs of the hospital and offers hospitals maximum investment security through the greatest possible technological flexibility. It does not matter which solution the hospital chooses: for the exclusive use of the patient's own mobile devices (BYOD) or for the provision of tablets directly at the patient's bedside (iOS, Android or BEWATEC Professional Devices) – or a combination of both device worlds. The hardware and system independence of ConnectedCare offers the hospital maximum flexibility and future security.
To find out more on the Bewatec.ConnectedCare solution, please contact our National Sales Manager, Mark Burrell.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.